Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Making Hobbes! part 1

I found a link (at bottom of post) awhile ago for a stuffed Hobbes and saved it to my pinterest. A couple of days ago, I found my pin again and decided to start making Hobbes!

Hobbes is Calvin's stuffed tiger from the comic strip Calvin and Hobbes. To adults, Hobbes looks like a stuffed toy, but in 6-year-old Calvin's imagination Hobbes is a big tiger an Calvin's best friend. They have all sorts of adventures together. I'm making a Hobbes that looks like the stuffed animal version. 

Yesterday, I bought all my fabric and thread and got started cutting out my pattern pieces. (P.s. Joann's Fabric is having a big sale this week)

Here are some of the cut pieces, Hobbes body and bottom.

Next I started stitching pieces together. 
Hobbes belly, hand stitched 
And arms/legs with paws sewn on
And with stripes sewn on(the directions say to stitch all the stripes on later, but I found it was easy to do these first)

More progress soon!

 http://m.instructables.com/id/Stuffed-Hobbes-with-pattern/?ALLSTEPS

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! Calvin and Hobbes was and still is one of my favorite books, so that is awesome that you are making a stuffed animal of Hobbes.
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete

Please keep comments PG. No swearing, or trashing.
*Readers are having trouble registering as users. If you know me personally, please sign your name at the end at the end of your comment! :)*