Tuesday, August 20, 2013

I'm back! After a looooong time away from here...

Well hello again! I know a few certain people keep reminding me that I haven't written a post in months...*cough* Dad *cough* so I might as well write about all my news from summer.
It's been an eventful summer, which is quickly drawing to a close. I go back to college next week! But not back to the dinky little community college, in freezing-cold-12-months-of-the-year San Francisco. No, I applied to a real university this summer! It's a private, religious school pretty close to my house. Unfortunately, I will be commuting to school for another year, but I'm hopeful I'll get to live on campus next year. I received an art scholarship, so I am officially an Art (well, Art and Graphic Design) major. I'm very excited to do art for school again, I haven't taken an art class since high school.
 
I took an English class at community college this summer. 0/10 do not recommend if you are not a skilled writer. The class was 6 weeks long, nearly a third of a regular semester, but you still have to do the same amount of work. I had a paper due almost every week. I hate writing essays.

Since my class finished, I've been filling out all my paperwork for university. Between doing that, I've spent my time watching Star Trek: The Next Generation (no, I'm not done, I just started season 7), tumblring (check out my tumblr here), and a bit of art. 

I can't wait for school to begin!


Here is some of the art and crafts I've done this summer:

 Coffee cup charm for my keyring. Starspocks belongs to a couple of my Trekkie friends and I.
















I finally finished my PADD project! It's made from stiff art boards, the screens are covered with a transparency slide. 

"Angry Tribbles" is my own design, based off of the game Angry Birds Space, and Star Trek. No copyrights infringement intended.
This piece was made for my brother's birthday. Created in Photoshop CS6, then printed on photo paper.
Little Hufflepuff badger! Watercolours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments PG. No swearing, or trashing.
*Readers are having trouble registering as users. If you know me personally, please sign your name at the end at the end of your comment! :)*