Friday, September 28, 2012

Old books, and a perfume that smells like them

   I love how books smell. The smell of ink and old paper, of glue and leather. Newer books don't smell quite the same as older ones. You can tell that an old book has been loved and cherished by the way that it smells, and the smell of the book only becomes richer as it ages.
   
Yesterday, I came across a post by the website Book Riot. The post (here) mentioned a perfume from the CB I Hate Perfume line called In The Library. In The Library is described as "A warm blend of English Novel, Russian & Moroccan Leather Bindings, Worn Cloth and a hint of Wood Polish." There are two shops in San Francisco that carry this perfume line, so I went today to see if it smells as good as was advertised.

  I think that In The Library catches the essence of how books smell. The strongest notes are ink and a subtle leather scent. There's a bit of book mustiness, but it's not strong. There are hints of that "paper smell," and something like vanilla.
  At $12-90 a bottle, I wouldn't buy it right away. I think it would great for everyday wear, but it's classy enough for night. Perfect for studying at the library, reading on an e-reader, and going to a publishing party or book club meeting!

You can purchase In The Library here:
Also check out his other scents!

~Midnight Rose

1 comment:

  1. Loved reading your blog. I Also love the way books smell.
    But I don;t know about the cologne. What will they think of next!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep comments PG. No swearing, or trashing.
*Readers are having trouble registering as users. If you know me personally, please sign your name at the end at the end of your comment! :)*